Tea is one of the most famous beverages enjoyed around the world. It is the staple drink for both the rich and the poor. It is also known as “the beverage of civilized men”. It is hard to see a person who hasn’t tasted tea at least once in his lifetime. Almost more than half of the world will be tea lovers. Tea gives freshness to the mind and body when consumed. Tea is a welcome drink around all over the globe. Guests are greeted with tea and were served at informal parties. Tea represents togetherness, friendship, and love in different cultures. In many regions, tea is a part of their tradition. Tea is served in different flavors and colors all around the world.
The legendary about tea dates long back to 2737 BC in China. Tea became the national drink of China before it was even heard about in the west. Its aroma, color, medicinal properties, and availability of varieties of flavors made it the most enjoyed drink all around the world.
Tea is the most consumed drink in the world next to the water. The only reason for such a high consumption is the fair and cheap price of the tea. The common people can afford to drink tea every day. There are varieties of tea around the world that can cost a fortune, but still, there are varieties of tea as well which are available at a fair price all around the world.
The simplicity of tea also lists for its fame all around the world. A simple cup of tea can be prepared within five minutes. All we need is water, tea powder/leaves, milk and some sugar. Even without adding different spices, the tea will be still refreshing.
The obsession with tea led to the invention of teabags. The arrival of teabags made the preparation of tea even more easier. With the introduction of teabags, the preparation of tea which once was done in the kitchen can be now done outside. Advertisements also influence the large consumption of tea.
Tea Cultures around the World
Tea is famous for its, tastes, availability of different varieties along with its cultures around the world. In different parts of the world, tea is an unavoidable part of their tradition.
- In India, Chai is the national drink. Chai is a blend of spices like ginger, pepper, cloves, and cardamom with black tea. Chai is the welcome drink in the houses of India. Chai can be also infused with milk and sugar. In India, it will be difficult to find roads without chai stalls.
- In China, tea is more than a drink. Tea is the routine of their life. There are thousands of varieties of tea in China. Among them, Oolong, fermented tea, Gunpowder, and Jasmine are the most famous varieties. The art of tea making is called “Cha Dao” in China. It represents happiness, harmony, and balance of life.
- Morocco is famous for its mint tea or Touareg tea. It represents hospitality in Morocco. It is poured from a certain height into small glasses. Nuts and sweets are also mixed.
- Tea is engrained in different cultures of the world. Tea represents friendship, togetherness, harmony, hospitality, and warmness around the world. These traditions and cultures make tea unavoidable.
- In most parts of the world, tea is used as a welcome drink. The aroma and refreshing taste of tea are very welcoming. Tea can be served hot or cold. Tea is easy to make and also tea powder is a must-stored in every household. All these factors pitch in to make tea a welcome drink.
Served as Welcome Drink
In most parts of the world, tea is used as a welcome drink. The aroma and refreshing taste of tea are very welcoming. Tea can be served hot or cold. Tea is easy to make and also tea powder is a must-stored in every household. All these factors pitch in to make tea a welcome drink.
Available In Different Varieties
The most fascinating idea about tea is that it can be served in thousands of flavours. From fruits, grasses, and spices to vegetables and nuts, there will be at least one favourite flavour for every tea lover. This availability of different varieties of flavour makes it the second most-consumed drink in the world. Despite the differences in cultures, tea is enjoyed all around the world.
Black tea contains varieties of flavors like chocolate flavor, smoky flavor, ripe fruit flavor, and malt flavor. Black tea is famous on the west side of the world. Umami flavor, fresh spinach flavor, mint flavor jasmine flavor, roasted rice, and freshly baked bread flavor are the top picks of green tea flavor. China accounts for the production of most of the green tea in the world. The best oolong tea flavors are ripe fruits flavor, honey flavor, milky flavor, citrus flavor, and Osman thus flavor. Spring flavor, fresh hey flavor, and malty flavor are the three best white tea flavors. Herbal tea can be served in mint flavor, peppermint flavor, hibiscus flavor, ginger flavor, etc.
Because of its Medicinal Values
Tea contains polyphenols like catechins, tannins, flavonoids, and theaflavins. Studies show that these polyphenols can lower the risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and other chronic devices. It can also enhance your immunity and reduce inflammation. In many regions, tea is used as an antioxidant in the treatments of specific diseases. Different types of teas have different types of medicinal value. The medicinal values of tea are one of the main reasons for its more consumption. If with a simple tea, health issues can be resolved then the tea will be preferred to medicines.
Green tea contains high amounts of flavonoids. It is used in treatment to reduce bad cholesterol and lower the risk of blood clotting. This in turn helps to reduce the risks of heart disease. There evidence to show that green tea helps to reduce blood pressure. It also has an effect on cancers like liver cancer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, and prostate cancer. Its anti-inflammatory property helps the skin to stay glowing and clear.
Herbal tea is a fusion of spices and fruits. The relaxing properties of herbal tea are due to the absence of caffeine. There are different varieties of herbal tea. Ginger tea, hibiscus tea, peppermint tea, chamomile tea, Echinacea tea, rooibos tea, passionflower tea, rosehip tea, lemon balm tea, and sage tea are the widely used herbal teas. The infusion of spices makes it a powerful health drink and is also advised by doctors.
- Ginger tea is spicy and contains specific antioxidants. It helps to boost immunity and helps to fight off inflammation. It an immediate medicine for nausea. It helps to reduce the risk of stomach ulcers and also helps in proper digestion. Ginger tea is also beneficial for diabetic patients.
- Hibiscus tea reduces high blood pressure and also helps to lower oxidative stress.
- Peppermint tea has antiviral and antibacterial properties. It also acts as an antioxidant and anticancer.
- Chamomile tea is the most common herbal tea. It is famous for its usage as a sleeping aid and also for its relaxing effects. Studies show that chamomile tea is helpful to reduce the risk of premenstrual syndrome.
White tea is also made from Camellia sinensis. It contains high amount of antioxidants which helps to lower the risk of cancer. It contains tannins, fluoride, and catechins in high amounts. These polyphenols help to strengthen teeth and reduces plaque.
Black tea contains caffeine. It contains flavonoids that help to fight inflammation. It also boosts the immunity power of the body.
Aroma of Tea
The first impression of a food or drink is its smell. The smell of delicious food or drink can lure people.
The blend of spices and other plant compounds gives the tea a blend of different pleasant aromas. In different regions of the world, the spices used in the tea will also differ. The aroma of such mixed spices will be very pleasant and tempting. Tea has many types of aromas favorable to different parts of the world. Hence the refreshing smell of tea can also root for its popularity.
For all these benefits and reasons, tea became an unavoidable part of daily lives of people all around the world. People starts and ends their day with tea. Tea machines are even installed in every offices, public sectors and companies. That’s how much the world embraces tea. Tea makes the day of a common person and enjoyed by the entire mankind.