Mango Lovers, your year long wait is over as mango is back in the market. With the heat at its peak and being stuck at home due to pandemic, why not use this time to experiment with your favourite fruit.
Benefits of mango-
- It is rich in antioxidants.
- Helps boost immunity.
- Supports health of heart.
- Improves skin and health.
- Reduces risk of cancer.
With different varieties of mangoes in the market like Dashehari, Langra, Kesar, Totapuri etc it’s no wonder that we just can’t get enough of the fruit.
Here are some of the recipes you should try-
- Mango Oats Smoothie
As the name suggests, this is very healthy drink and is a good way to start your day. Oats are incredibly nutritious and this smoothie is the perfect blend of nutrition with fruit.
- Soak cooking oats or rolled up oats in a container containing water. Mix and cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Next day, peel and cut mangoes in cubes. Now put it in the blender and mix.
- Take out the water and add soaked oats.
- Blend the mixture until it is smooth and consistent.
For some people this might be a bit thicker than what they are used to. To better this, continue reading.
- Add water in small amounts and blend. If the mixture is still dense continue adding water in tiny amounts until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Pour it in a glass and serve. You can also put it in the refrigerator for sometime to make it chill.
- Add dry fruits and chopped fresh fruits on the side while serving.
It is ready to be served and eaten.
- Mango Avocado Toast
Vegans, this is might be the recipe you are looking for. Mango Avocado Toast can be made vegan and gluten free.
Extra virgin olive oil
½ pitted avocado
6 Mango pieces cut such that it can be put in the bread
- Take a bread and lightly spread olive oil in it.
- Toast the bread to the required level of crispiness you like.
- Mash an avocado and spread it on the bread evenly.
- Now add mango to the toast and sprinkle some lemon juice in it.
- Put chilli powder and sprinkle salt in the desired amount and top it off with mint leaves.
Now your dish is ready to be served.
- Mango Cheesecake Parfait
This is a simple and layered dessert which tastes as good as it looks.
Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Peel off the mango peel and remove the pit. Set it aside for later.
- Add powdered sugar and mix it thoroughly.
- Put cream cheese and make sure it is at room temperature. Cold Cream Cheese won’t give you the same result.
- Add a layer of mango and Graham Crackers then the cream cheese. Layer each one of these horizontally on top of one another.
Voila! your Mango Cheesecake Parfait is ready to be served.
- Mango Salad
Why not make dieting healthy and yummy? It contains all the nutrients of leafy vegetables and the taste of mango.
8 Kale/ Spinach/ Lettuce
Mango cut into cubes
1 Red Onion cut into silvers
½ cup Cilantro and chopped
Chilly Flakes (optional)
- Take a large bowl and add Kale, Spinach or Lettuce, whichever one you chose.
- Chop the vegetables in the described way.
- Add all the ingredients in the bowl in a neat manner.
- Put the mangoes cubes from the refrigerator into the bowl and after cutting avocado add it in the bowl as well.
- Toss the vegetables in a up and down manner until they are mixed well and add salt and chilly flakes.
Your salad is ready to be devoured.
- Mango Mousse
This is undoubtedly the finest dessert out there. The taste is heavenly for the taste buds.
Powder Whipping Cream
- Whip the cream thoroughly for 5-10 minutes and put it in the refrigerator.
- Peel off the mango and remove the pit. Make a puree of it. You can also go for buying puree directly from the grocery store.
- In a bowl, mix agar agar powder with water and keep it aside for a minute.
- Put the puree and agar mixture in a sauce pan and heat it well. When you notice that agar has dissolved completely close the stove and let it cool at room temperature.
- When the mixture has pourable consistency, add whipped cream and blend it well with the electric whip.
- Pour it in the bowl or glass and keep it in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
The mousse is ready to be served.
Mango is rich with fibers, vitamin and minerals. It has endless health benefits and prevents a number of diseases. So whichever one of the recipes you try, it will have endless benefits and you can have these endless times without worrying about the health issues.