The first trip with your loved ones is always special. We all have several plans and dreams regarding honeymoon destinations. It’s time to shape your dreams and plans with the top 10 most beautiful places for honeymoon in India
This place doesn’t need any introduction. The place of sun, sea and fun would be the best place for your honeymoon. Goa is known as ‘Tourist paradise’, this small state will let you enjoy the pristine beaches, adventurous water sports, amazing scenic view, warm weather, happening nightlife, awesome clubbing and a lot more.
- Try adventurous water sports like Scuba diving, parasailing, snorkeling, and kayaking. Grande Island, St George Island, Pigeon Island, and Devagh Island are best for snorkeling and scuba diving. For parasailing and jet skiing, Candolim, Bogmalo and Mandrem are the best.
- Enjoy parties and nightlife in popular clubs of Goa. Baga, Anjuna, and Vagator are best for nightlife.
- Enjoy the stunning beaches like Varca, Candolim, Baga, Clova, Anjuna, Paolem, etc. Relax on the beachside, enjoy a scenic view with a bottle of beer and your partner. You can get a relaxing body massage too.
- Apart from the beach and scenic view, you can experience the history of Portuguese colonization by amazing Portuguese buildings and architecture.
- Try exotic Goan cuisine to spice up your love.
November to February is the best time to plan your honeymoon for Goa, but if you wish to avoid crowds then October, March, and April would be the best. You can plan the trip for 5-7 days.
If you want to experience the best beaches of Asia’s best beaches then Andaman is the best choice. Stunning landscape, white sandy beaches, blue azure water are perfect for couples to make romantic memories. Andaman also offers several other experiences and activities which will make you wish for a never-ending holiday.
- Explore the rich marine life together by scuba diving and snorkeling in the crystal clear water of the elephant beach on Havelock Island.
- Don’t miss Radhanagar beach which is awarded as one of the best beaches in Asia. This is an isolated coastline that greets visitors with its spectacular scenic beauty.
- Ross and Smith and Jolly Bouy beach are perfect for a leisure holiday. Tranquil ambiance with a mesmerizing view of the blue sea is perfect for relaxing and sunbathing.
- You can opt for a romantic drive along the Munda Pahad Beach in Chidiya Tapu and enjoy the shimmering sunset with your partner.
- Beaches also offer candlelight dinner under the stars with a romantic setup. Try it to rejuvenate your love and affection.
Plan your honeymoon between October to May to enjoy the romantic charm of Andaman. 4-7 days is perfect to make your romantic honeymoon memories.
3. Munnar, Kerala
Munnar is among those places that aptly fill the voids in our soul with love. Munnar is the most romantic gateway of South India. Charming scenic views, pleasant weather with greenery are perfect to celebrate love.
- Visit top stations and enjoy the stunning view of Nilgiris.
- Relax your senses with Ayurvedic spa treatment.
- Drive up the mountains in Wayanad by rented car or bike.
- Hear back your loved one’s name at Echo Point
- Enjoy a Shikara ride in Kundala Lake and feel bliss amid the amazing ta plantation.
Plan your trip between September to November or between January to March. Transports are available by both air and train. Cochin international airport and Aluva rail station are the nearest rail and air destinations. Cab services are also available to access the town easily.
Want to experience paradise on earth with your partner? Then Kashmir should be your ideal choice. The charming weather, vast landscape, snow-capped mountains make Kashmir one of the best honeymoon places in north India. Romantic Dal Lake, Sonmarg, Pahalgam -every corner of Kashmir will give you unforgettable memories to cherish your bond.
- Experience romantic Dal Lake with the local floating market.
- Take a gondola ride to Gulmarg and walk around the beautiful Gulmarg Golf club. This is the best golf club in India with an elevation of 2650 meters.
- Have a trip to Pahalgam and visit the Lidaar river and Betaab valley surrounded by pine woods.
- Enjoy your honeymoon in the famous houseboats on Dal Lake
- Experience spectacular gardens created by Mughal emperors such as Shalimar Bagh, Nishat Bagh, and Chesmashahi gardens.
- Enjoy a Shikara ride on Dal lake and create unforgettable memories with your loved ones.
Plan your honeymoon for 7-10 days from April to October. Car and cab services are available for sightseeing and transport.
5. Udaipur, Rajasthan
If you have a love for culture and heritage then Udaipur would be best for your honeymoon destination. The iconic places, shimmering lakes, and historical museums and buildings make Udaipur one of the most romantic spots in India. Every corner of this vibrant city are enriched with cultural history and heritage. This city is also called ‘Venice of East’ and ‘City of lakes’.
- Explore popular places and Havelis with your partner by a city tour.
- Enjoy a shimmering sunset together with a boat cruise on Lake Pichola. You can also spot the flawless sunset from the Sunset terrace of Fateh Prakash Palace.
- Enjoy a romantic and cozy dinner at Ambari Ghat Restaurant, the night view of the city from here is inexplicable.
- Attend the famous sound and light show at Mewar to experience a glimpse of glorious history.
- Try to spend one day at the best heritage hotel Taj Lake Palace to experience their royal and luxury services.
Try to plan your trip for 4-5 days between October to March. The weather is pleasant and dry at this time, which is perfect to celebrate your love.
Manali is considered as a honeymoon paradise. Manali offers amazing scenic views, snow cape mountains, breath crisp mountain air which surely transform your romantic vacation into a memorable affair. This place also offers you a lot of adventurous activities along with immense comfort.
- Indulge a hot spring bath in the well-known spring Vashisht
- Travel to Nagar and Dine in a Castle
- Enjoy the snow-covered landscape in Rohtang Pass
- Enjoy the lush green meadows of Solang with your partner and enjoy sports activities and gourmet treats offered by the valley.
- Enjoy the scenic view of Jogini falls
- Couples have the option of paragliding together at Manali. River rafting can also pump your adrenaline rush.
You can plan your trip here anytime throughout the year. Plan your trip for 4 to 6 days.
Want to enjoy your honeymoon amidst nature with a calm and romantic atmosphere? Then Nainital would be your first pick. Shimmering lakes, hills, and mesmerizing landscapes would make your honeymoon unforgettable.
- Enjoy romantic boat ride at Nainital lake
- Enjoy the mesmerizing sunrise from Tiffin Top
- Stroll amidst Cave gardens
- Experience spirituality in Hanuman Garhi
- Enjoy the Bird’s eye view of the whole city from the ropeway.
Plan your trip for 4 to 5 days from October to June. This is the best time to enjoy the romantic and cozy vibe of Nainital
8. Darjeeling, West Bengal
Looking for a budget-friendly place for a honeymoon with a great scenic view? Then go for Darjeeling in West Bengal. Awesome natural attractions, serene ambiance, cool breeze, snow-capped mountains, and lush green tea estates would rejuvenate the love and eternal passion of love birds.
- Enjoy jaw-dropping sunrise from the famous Tiger hill viewpoint
- Enjoy the amazing and iconic ride on toy train from New Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling
- Enjoy the breakfast and drinks at Keventer’s roof
- Enjoy divinity and spirituality at the serene monasteries.
- Take a ropeway ride to enjoy the spectacular view of Darjeeling
- To enjoy the flora and fauna of Darjeeling, don’t miss a small tour of Rock Garden
- Capture your romantic moments in the lush green tea plantations.
September to April is the best time to visit Darjeeling for Honeymoon. Plan your trip for at least 4 -5 days.
9. Coonoor, Tamil Nadu
Coonoor is one of the best offbeat honeymoon destinations in South India. The scenic hill station inspires you to come together and curate unforgettable experiences.
- Witness serene views from Dolphin’s nose viewpoint
- Plan a road trip to lamb’s rock
- Enjoy the architecture and ambiance of St. George Church
- Don’t miss the amazing train journey of Nilgiri Mountain Railway
October to March is the best time to enjoy this most peaceful hill station. Plan your trip for 4-6 days.
Leh-Ladakh is probably one of your dream honeymoon destination. Leh- Ladakh is blessed with a fabulous landscape which is the best choice for those who want to spend their honeymoon a bit differently. Color-changing lakes and the amazing scenic view will definitely pacify your adrenaline rush and rejuvenate your feelings.
- Enjoy the heavenly view of Pangong Lake
- Book a camel safari to explore Nubra valley, a cocktail of geographies
- Feel the magic of magnetic hills
- Experience the true essence of patriotism in the Hall of Fame Museum at Kargil
- Dine under the star studded sky in a temporary camp with your soulmate at Zanskar valley
- Spot wildlife along with white leopard at Hemis National Park and Tso Moriri Lake
- Try paragliding with your love at Khardung pass
- Enjoy the full moonlight with your partner under the stars at Shanti Stupa
Plan your trip for 8-10 days. April to June and September to October are the best times to enjoy the romantic ambiance of Leh-Ladakh with your better half.
So, which one would you include in your next tour plan? Have you experienced any of these destinations yet? If not then grab a backpack and head to any of these destinations to make your honeymoon memorable.