Salad is a multipurpose food. You can take it during a diet or for your crazy cravings. Also, salad is very easy and quick to make. Did you ever try to make the salad at home? Want to give it a try? Then go to your kitchen and make a tasty plate of salad. Here are the 10 easiest salad recipes. You should definitely try these at home.
1. Greek salad
- 6 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon of fresh chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano or 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large palm tomatoes (peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped)
- ¾ cucumber (peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped)
- ½ red onion (peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped)
- ½ cup pitted black olives (coarsely chopped)
- ½ cup of crumbled feta cheese
- To make the dressing, take a large bowl, put olive oil in it, and whisk it with lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, oregano, and dill together until blended. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Making this three hours ahead. Just re-whisk before using. The dressing should be kept at room temperature.
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and olives in a bowl. Add the dressing made earlier. Sprinkle it with feta cheese and oregano. The salad is ready to serve.
- All the vegetables can also be chopped a few hours ahead and kept refrigerated, except tomatoes.
- Tomatoes must be cut fresh and added before tossing.
2. Chicken tikka salad
- 250 grams of chopped chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons of yogurt (curd)
- 4 pieces thinly sliced cucumber
- ½ spoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 large-sized tomato
- ½ tablespoon garam masala powder
- 2 sliced spring onion
- 3 tablespoon refined oil
- 4 mint leaves
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Take a large bowl and put chicken breast pieces into the bowl. Combine the chicken with yogurt, red chili powder, garam masala, lemon juice, and salt.
- Combine them well and keep them aside for 3-4 hours to marinade.
- Heat oil in a nonstick grill pan over medium flame and cook the marinated chicken pieces until they turn golden brown.
- Add lemon juice, virgin olive oil, salt, and black pepper and combine them well.
- Take a serving bowl and put fresh lettuce on it. Place sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and spring onions. Combine them with the grilled chicken pieces.
- Pour the prepared dressing from the top and toss it well.
- Lastly, garnish the salad with mint leaves and serve it at once.
- You can add chopped olives, jalapenos, and any other veggie that you want to the salad.
- If you want to make it healthy, skip the olive oil in the dressing.
- To make the salad completely oil-free, roast the chicken tikka pieces in the oven.
3. Chilled Indian Udon Noodle Salad
- 100 grams udon noodles
- ½ medium radish
- ½ zucchini
- ½ yellow squash
- ½ cucumber
- ½ red bell pepper
- 3 soaked shiitake mushrooms
- ½ carrot
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sushi vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Started making the salad by cooking those noodles in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Drain out the remaining water after cooking and rest the noodles in a bowl to make it cool.
- Peel off the cucumber, radish, carrot, yellow squash, scallion, and mushrooms. Finely chop the red bell pepper as well.
- Combine all the veggies well.
- Take one tablespoon of sushi vinegar, one teaspoon of light soya sauce, one teaspoon of vegetarian oyster sauce, two tablespoons of vegetable oil and combine them well. Add salt to the taste.
- Add noodles to the veggie mixture and combine it with a dressing made up of sauce and vinegar.
- Your Chilled Udon noodles salad is ready to serve.
4. Classic Caesar Salad
- 2 cups of green Romaine lettuce (roughly torn)
- ½ cup cucumber (sliced)
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes (cut into half)
- ½ cup of fried bread cubes (croutons)
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (with egg)
- ½ tablespoon of English mustard sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin oil
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- Parmesan cheese
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Combine them well and refrigerate.
- Put some roughly torn lettuce in the mixing bowl and keep some ice cubes over it for 10 minutes. This will keep the leaves crunchy even after adding the dressing.
- Drain all water after 10 minutes and pat dry the leaves. Add thinly sliced cucumber, tomato halves, and bread croutons with it.
- Add the chilled dressing with it and toss well.
- Top with parmesan cheese and the salad is ready to serve
5. Caprese salad with Pesto Sauce
- 3-5 tomatoes, depending on the size
- Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh basil (chopped and whole)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto
- Slice the tomatoes about ¼ inch thick. Grab a big platter and alternate the sliced mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and basil leaves in long rows down the plate. Sprinkle with finely chopped basil leaves.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Drizzle the dressing through the long row of salad.
- Mix pesto with a bit of olive oil and drizzle on the top of the dressing.
- To make it healthy, skip the honey and use white vinegar instead of balsamic vinegar.
6. Russian Salad
- 300 grams chicken
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup peas
- 2 medium diced carrot
- 10 chopped green beans
- ½ medium cubed capsicum
- 100-gram sliced pineapple
- Salt and black pepper
- ¾ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh cream
- Cheese spread
- Wash the chicken properly and boil it with 1/2 a cup of water and ½ tablespoon of salt.
- Remove the bones from the chicken pieces and cut them into small pieces.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of oil and vinegar with the chicken pieces and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Boil the peas, beans, carrot, and capsicum with 2 cups of water and ½ tablespoon of salt.
- Boil the veggies for one minute, strain the excess water, and keep aside to make it cool.
- Mix mayonnaise, fresh cream, cheese spread, salt, and pepper. Mix them until fully combined.
- Add shredded chicken and veggies into the mixture and mix it well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can add a little milk to the salad before serving if it appears extra thick and serves it cold.
- You can use more veggies and fruits for your salad base.
- You can use coconut or soy milk instead of dairy milk to make it more healthy.
7. Korean lettuce salad
- ¼ medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- Toasted sesame seed
- 1 green lettuce leaf
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 and ½ tablespoon of soya sauce
- 1 and ½ tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seed oil
- ½ tablespoon of Korean chili flakes
- Wash, drain, and dry the lettuce first. Cut into 1-inch-thick strips. Put in a large bowl and tossed well, with chopped onion.
- Combine garlic, soya sauce, sugar, apple cider vinegar, sesame seed oil, and chilly flakes, whisk them well until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the dressing into the salad and toss it well. Sprinkle it with some sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- To spice it up, add more chili flakes.
8. BBQ Potato Salad
- 3 pounds of medium size potatoes
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of coarse grain mustard
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thick-cut bacon slices (cooked and chopped)
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, add water to cover by 2 inches. Boil the potatoes over medium flame for 18 to 20 minutes. Drain the excess water and put it in a heatproof bowl to cool for 390 minutes.
- Stir the barbecue sauce along with scallions, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and bacon in a medium bowl until fully combined.
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes and add them to the barbecue mixture.
- Stir until fully combine and potatoes are evenly coated
- Garnish with additional chopped cooked bacon and serve it.
9. Vegetable Som Tam Papaya salad
- 1 small green raw papaya (shredded)
- 4 long beans (chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 8 cherry tomatoes (cut into quarters)
- 6 red green chilly
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 tablespoon of fish sauce or soya sauce
- 3 tablespoon of ground peanuts (roasted)
- Fresh lettuce, green beans, lime wedges, and chilly for garnishing
- Peel and seed the papaya and shred it. Assemble the shredded pieces into a bowl.
- Crush garlic and add long beans and tomatoes. Pound a few times to release juices.
- Add chilies to spice it up.
- Mix sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce in a separate bowl.
- Mix this with papaya and garlic mixture and toss it well.
- Do not add salt, the fish sauce has enough salt to taste.
10. Watermelon, Feta, and Black Olive Salad
- 1 small red onion
- 4 limes
- 1 and ½ kilo watermelon
- 250 grams feta cheese
- 1 bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley
- I bunch of fresh mint (chopped)
- 4 tablespoon of extra virgin oil
- 100 grams pitted black olives
- Black pepper to taste
- Peel and halve the red onion and cut it into very fine half-moons. Put it into the bowl and steep with lime juice. 2 limes are more than enough for this
- Peel the watermelon and cut it into 4 cm or 1 and ½ inch of triangular chunks.
- Cut the feta cheese into a similar size and put it into a large bowl.
- Tear off the sprigs of parsley and add it into the bowl along with chopped mint.
- Add the onion and watermelon into the bowl along with olive oil and toss the salad very gently so that feta and watermelon can stay in their shape.
- Seasoned with black pepper and serve the salad.
So ladies, try any of these at home and enjoy an absolute restaurant-style salad at home.